Frequently asked questions
- How much do lessons cost? Lessons are £80/month as standard, based on 44 weeks of tuition a year pro rata. Half hour lessons or fortnightly lessons are fine at half the above price. This makes payment simpler as you don’t have to remember it each week and as its pro rata, no need to make other arrangements if you are ill or away 1 week (If you are away for planned extended periods that can be arranged) Before enrolling I usually recommend a single lesson to try out first and make sure you are happy before enrolling on a monthly basis. Occasionally there are discounts and promotions available. We also offer drum lesson gift vouchers. Ts and Cs are agreed on enrolment.
- How do I pay? Payment can be made prior to the first lesson of each month by paypal, direct bank transfer or cash.
- Where are you located? We are located in March in the heart of the fens. We have many students who travel from outside the area too including Cambridge and Kimbolton.
- What makes you unique? I believe our lessons are the based on the most dedicated and enthusiastic drummer around. I have spent years working hard and learning from as many sources as possible and from some of the best drummers in the world. We have many success stories that back this up. My experience also allows me to teach any style to grade 8 standard
- Are lessons important? If you want to improve then guidance from an outside source can only be a good thing.One fact is that its hard to be your own critic. I’ve always taken the view that I wanted to absorb as much information as possible.
- How much are drum kits? You can purchase new kits from £150 upwards. This very much depends what you want from it. Usually starter kits are not to a gigging standard but are perfectly good enough as a platform for learning on and hold value reasonably well. Electronic kits are also an option but bear in mind there are slight differences from how you operate an acoustic kit.